Windham New York (NY)
Real Estate 12496
The Town of Windham is located in Greene County, NY.
Picture is of the town hall located in Hensenville, NY.
The town has two nicknames: "Land in the Sky" and "Gem of the Catskills".
Please contact me for more information
Windham NY Real Estate Listings:
- All Properties for Sale in Windham NY
- Single Family Homes for Sale in Windham NY
- Vacant Land for Sale in Windham NY
- Commercial Properties in Windham NY
Windmont, a gated community with single family homes, near Windham Mountain Village.
About Windham NY:
The region was first settled around 1780. The Town of Windham was formed from the Town of Woodstock in 1798 while in Ulster County, New York and before the creation of Greene County. Afterwards, several other towns in Greene County were formed from its territory. These towns include Hunter and Lexington (1813), Prattsville (1833), and part of Ashland in 1848. In 1900, the town's population was 1,240.
The major source of income in Windham is the Windham Mountain ski resort, formerly called "Ski Windham". In August 2010 Windham, New York hosted the 2010 World Cup Mountain Bike Race, the first time a World Cup Mountain Bike Race finals occurred on American soil in 20 years of competition. In August 2014 Windham, New York again hosted the World Cup Mountain Bike Race, Windham Mountain being the only US stop of the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup.
Communities in the Town of Windham:
- Batavia Kill − A stream flowing through the south part of the town.
- Brooksburg − A hamlet in the Catskill Park.
- East Windham − A hamlet on the east town line on Route 23.
- Hensonville − A hamlet in the south part of the town.
- Mitchell Hollow − A location in the town.
- Nauvoo − A location in the town.
- North Settlement − A hamlet on the west town line, northwest of Windham village.
- Maplecrest − A hamlet near the south town line, originally called "Big Hollow."
- Windham − The hamlet is located on Route 23. It was originally called "Batavia" until that name was taken for a location in Genesee County, New York around 1802. It was also called "Windham Centre" and "Osbornville."
Towns Near Hunter Mountain
Towns Near Windham Mountain
Please feel free to contact me for more information
*Some content provided by Wikipedia.org